We offer a Free Estimate
Easy Steps to Get Your Watch Serviced!
- Take a moment and fill out our watch repair form with your contact information and a what type of watch you have. We will contact you with a good faith repair estimate based on previous repairs we have done on the same type of watch.
- After you have receive our estimate, you can request your FREE mailing package, which has special protective packaging for you to safely ship your valuable watch in for repair. The mailing package will arrive in an express mail package in 2 business days. The mailing package includes instructions on how to package your watch for shipping.
This is the easiest and safest way to ship your watch in for repair!
- Just take to your local post office and drop it off no charge, compliments of Illinois Watch Company. It will already have a prepaid mailing label for USPS so all you will need to do is drop it off and ask for a receipt. We will contact you either by email or by phone to let you know that your watch has arrived safely.
Once we have had a chance to inspect your watch and diagnose the problems, we will contact you to confirm the estimate. (There is never a charge for the estimate, and if for any reason you decide not to proceed with the repair, Illinois Watch Company will ship you back your watch. The only cost will be for return shipping and insurance, which is flat rate of $24.95 for insurance up to $5000 and $34.95 if the value of your watch exceeds $5000.
The prices listed are basic guidelines for how much it has taken to repair this type of watch. All of these prices do not include the replacement of any parts they are in addition to this price.
- $120.00 Any basic service. This includes broken stem, broken crown, broken crystal, damaged bracelet, broken pusher or button. (This does not include any parts)
- $158.00 Any quartz watch with one or two complications not chronograph or perpetual (This does not include any parts)
- $178.00 Any mechanical watch with no complications. (This does not include any parts)
- $225.00 Any mechanical watch with one or two complications. Not chronograph or perpetual (This does not include any parts)
- $248.00 Any quartz chronograph watch not perpetual not repeater (this does not include any parts)
- $288.00 Any automatic watch with no complications. (This does not include any parts)
- $325.00 Any automatic with one or two complications, not chronograph or perpetual or repeater (this does not include any parts)
- $458.00 Any mechanical chronograph one additional complication not repeater or perpetual (this does not include any parts, also note most vintage chronographs require additional parts)
- $498.00 Any automatic chronograph with one additional complication not repeater or perpetual (this does not include any additional parts)
For perpetual calendar watches or repeaters these must be estimated.
Any pricing given to you by phone or e-mail or listed on the website are usually our best estimate of what a repair of watches like yours have cost recently, they are not estimates for repair of your specific watch and should not be considered as a basis for pricing only. The actual estimate for your watch repair may be higher or lower than the price we have given you. Not all watches are the same- they have different levels of wear, different ages and they sometimes have been exposed to moisture or other outside influences. That is why the price may be different for the exact same model of watch but in a different state of condition.
When we receive your watch, Illinois Watch Company will contact you with the estimated cost for the repairs. When you approve our repair estimate, written or verbal we will order parts and start the repairs of your watch we do not require payment up front, if anyone requires payment up front for the entire job the alarm bells should be going off in your head, you should never pay the entire amount of the repair up front. We will require payment when the job is completed and no job will leave the shop that is not paid for in full. If the estimate is for a very high amount and we will be required to pay for many expensive parts up front a deposit may be required but we will let you know on the estimate if this is necessary. On occasion we have encountered problems inside the watch that had not been anticipated or included in the original estimate. If this were to occur you will be contacted and informed immediately that additional costs will be added, we do not proceed and we will not do any additional work or charge extra without your prior approval. Vintage watches are not warranted against moisture unless expressly checked and indicated as warranted on your invoice when the watch is returned.
At the Illinois Watch Company, we attempt to complete work within 30 days or less. We cannot guarantee this time frame due to the potential of parts to be backordered or not in stock or sometimes on vintage watches just finding parts may take additional time. Customer understands the length of repair time is not guaranteed, and will not hold Illinois Watch Company, responsible for any delays out of our control. Certain conditions such as the possibility of completion within this timeframe are not guaranteed as certain conditions such as out of stock parts being backordered or even waiting for a manufacturing run to occur. Illinois Watch Company provides estimates based on previous repairs of similar types of watches
Completed repairs shipment
When your watch is completed we will send you an invoice by e-mail. You can pay by any major credit card on PayPal. If you do not like PayPal we will take your credit card information by phone. Once the invoice has been paid we will ship your watch back to you using the same special mail package that we sent you when you shipped the watch in. We do ask customers to check the mailing address on the invoice to ensure that it is correct, or if you need an alternate shipping address please contact us by e-mail or by phone to ensure that your watch gets shipped back to the correct address. All packages we send out require a signature. The only time a signature is not needed is when you specifically request a signature waiver. If you desire a shipper other than USPS it is your responsibility to make sure that you do not have a signature waiver on file, this will allow the watch to be left with no signature. It is your responsibility to ensure that someone responsible will be at that address to accept the package, packages delivered per signature release waiver are considered delivered. It is imperative that your address does not have a Release Signature Status with the courier, which allows packages to be dropped off unattended and unsigned.
With shipping there is a Risk-Of-Loss
You remain responsible for the risk-of-loss for watch until delivery to Illinois Watch Company. You are responsible for any damages that may occur to your watch while in transit until we inspect and sign for your package. In the event of a claim with the shipping company, you will need to provide proof of purchase, and/or appraised value as well as proof of shipment and the receipt you were given when you dropped off the package in order to collect on insurance. If you do not provide proper documentation, Illinois Watch Company cannot obtain insurance reimbursement. Illinois Watch Company strongly recommends that the timepiece being shipped be photographed before shipping.
What shipping insurance covers
Shipping insurance covers the appraised value of the timepiece, but does not cover any sentimental value or other perceived value. Before any repairs are made the watch is covered for its replacement value not retail value. After the repairs are made, shipping insurance covers the replacement value minus the cost of repairs. Coverage is limited to the lesser of the amount specified or the actual value of the watch.
To minimize risk to your watch we encourage you to use our pre-paid shipping package. If you choose to send the watch on your own we highly recommend the following:
- All packages must be double boxed. Illinois Watch Company will send an extra box for return shipping along with special protective packaging for your convenience.
- The tracking number must appear on the inner box as well as the outer one.
- All packages must be properly packed and sealed to withstand shipping.
- All packages must be dropped off at a shipping location. You must get a receipt from the shipper as proof of shipment. You may not use unmanned drop boxes.
- Never indicate anything on the packing slip, address label or box that would suggest high value, such as the words watch, clock, or known watch brands, retailer or auction houses etc. Illinois Watch Company should not appear on the box or label either, simply write IL W Co.
- Do not put a value on the address label.