Watchmakers repairing watches
This is who we are and what we do. We are watch enthusiasts; we are excited about watches and our desire is to bring watches back to life or make them work correctly as they were designed to.
We have two CW21 watchmakers on site and we are Omega Certified. We are constantly upgrading our skills and equipment to better ensure that you are receiving a high quality watch service.
Our CW21 watchmakers are Craig Stone and Jared Andreasen. If you visit any website where they are telling you they are CW21 watchmakers but do not give the names of the watchmakers, better be wary. You can independently check the watchmakers out by going to www.awci.com and checking with their watch repairer database to see if they are actually CW21 certified.
We service and restore watches
All fine watches — even quartz watch manufacturers — recommend a 3-5 year interval on regular maintenance. Most modern watches use synthetic oils that really do not break down in this time frame. The problem is the very fine amounts of dust created inside the watch from the wear of the moving parts. This contamination eventually gets into the lubrication and once there the viscosity of the oil is affected and the oil does not spread as it is designed to do. This causes the gear train and automatic systems to work harder and create more wear, usually affecting the timing of the watch and eventually it will stop the watch.
Our basic cleaning service includes the following:
- The watch mechanism is completely disassembled
- The watch is ultrasonically cleaned with watch cleaning equipment and solutions
- The watch is reassembled according to factory specifications using all factory recommended lubrication — some watches require 10 different types of lubrication during reassembly
- Watch is timed using state of the art timing equipment then tested using both static and with motion on factory recommended winding testers.
- All watches are examined by the CW21 watchmaker to ensure all services have been performed and the watch is pressure tested with both dry and wet pressure testing equipment to manufacturers specifications
- Replacement of crystal- both sapphire and plastic
- Replacement of external parts including crown pushers for chronographs, helium valves if they are worn, and need to be replaced
- Refinishing of the original dial or changing colors of dials by refinishing or replacing with an original manufacturer dial
- Refinishing of original hands, relumination of hands using luminova or replacement of original watch hands
Illinois Watch Company is a full service repair facility we service vintage pocket watches to complicated repeaters. We have a CW21 watchmaker on site and are dedicated to servicing watches as manufacturers recommend. We are a brick and mortar business. You can bring your watch to our shop during regular business hours. If you want to have a battery changed on your TAG Heuer or a complete restoration of a vintage Heirloom Patek Phillipe repeater, Illinois Watch Company is dedicated to returning your watch to as close as possible the day it was purchased.